Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
What are your favourite festive recipes? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

3 posters

What are your favourite festive recipes?

RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

What are your favourite festive recipes? Empty What are your favourite festive recipes?

Post  RedCat Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 am

Thought i'd add this as a topic to this site (hope that's ok!?) as whenever I ask this on any other site, I get the usual: "Christmas is AGES away, why are you asking this?!"

Lol, so I was wondering, what are your favourite festive recipes?
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

What are your favourite festive recipes? Empty Re: What are your favourite festive recipes?

Post  RedCat Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I personally make gingerbread, sausage rolls and chutneys but am looking for some new ideas.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What are your favourite festive recipes? Empty Re: What are your favourite festive recipes?

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:05 am

Yes, of course that's okay! It's good that other people are starting to create topics as well! People saying "Christmas is ages away" are just stupid because they end up rushing around at the end of the festive times to get it all done. lol.

I always make mince pies, chocolate fudge, sausage rolls, cook some cocktail sausages and make dips for them, that sort of thing. I have a book somewhere with loads of recipes in it but I've put it away because the dog was after it so I'll try and find it.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks lol. Mince pies are one of those christmas items that I really wish I liked as they're so christmassy but I've never gotten on board with. I haven't had one since I was young so i'll try them again.

The chocolate fudge sounds yummy, how do you make that?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I used to hate them too but suddenly liked them more lol.

The recipe is: (copied and pasted it from my computer so sorry if anything is irrelevant (eg random notes) lol)

To make chocolate fudge you will need...
    300g of good Dark Chocolate with a high coco percentage (70% or 80% coco content) (The fudge will not work with other chocolate)
    400g tin of Condensed milk.

Method...
    Break up the chocolate into a microwavable dish. Microwave the Chocolate for 1 minute and stir, repeat again. If the chocolate has still not melted microwave for an extra 20 seconds and stir. Repeat the 20 seconds until the chocolate has melted being careful not to over cook the chocolate.

Then add the tin of condensed milk to the chocolate, stir in well. You will feel the mixture thicken.

Pour into a tin foil lined tin, spread evenly and smooth the top. Allow to cool for a couple of hours.

Take the fudge out of the tin and peel off the tin foil. Cut in to small mouth sized chunks.

Your chocolate fudge is now ready to eat
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey thanks for that, it sounds great. Dark chocolate is my fave.

Do you think I could add things to it? Like Hazlenuts etc?

I was thinking like nuts, marshmallows and choc chips and calling it Rocky Road Fudge. I think i'll give mince pies another go too!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 am

Yes, I should think you could. Just make sure you add them at the start (like when you're adding the condensed milk) or it'll get too thick and won't work properly. Unless you add it on top afterwards as it's setting... that could probably work too. Sounds like it'd be good anyway Smile
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am

Thanks, can't wait to try it!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:01 am

Tell me what you think when you've tried it Very Happy
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:39 am

Anyone started a Christmas cooking yet? I'm making Tomato and Red Onion Chutney today. It has to sit in a dark cupboard for 21 days so thought today would be a good day start it.
    romynash
    romynash

Gemini Posts : 10

Post  romynash Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm

My favorite recipe is egg-free-cakes. Here is the recipe to make this Cake at home. I used to bought egg free cake from shop. but last time i tried this recipe at home and it was very Delicious.

4oz (1 cup) sorghum flour
    2oz (1/2 cup) potato starch
    1oz (1/4 cup) tapioca starch
    8oz (1 cup) sugar
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbsp fresh orange juice
    5 tbsp oil
    1tsp vanilla extract
    8 fl oz (1 cup) water

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am