Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

5 posters

Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? Empty Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:55 am

For me, Christmas day just wouldnt be the same if someone took away all the chocolate xD
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? Empty Re: Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?

Post  RedCat Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 am

Chocolate!!! Definitely! Couldn't do without it.

I have to have my traditional christmas breakfast of gingerbread pancakes and candy cane cocoa. I'd be sad if I had to have another breakfast.

Strangely enough, i'm not actually bothered about the roast dinner, and do something different every year.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day? Empty Re: Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?

Post  mrsow Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:38 am

wow that is a very festive breakfast how do u make it
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Post  Mhags Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:57 am

always eat to much and make to much.......love a lovely Kelly Bronze Turkey and all the trimmings...........mmmmmmmm roast parsnips and potatoes and sprouts I love them!!

usually make a pavlova for pud
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:09 pm

RedCat - that breakfast does sound good! I'd quite like to know how you make that too!

mrsow - Breakfast is gooood Very Happy lol

Mhags - Yeah, traditional roast does seem... well.. traditional! I usually have a black forest gateux for dessert.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:28 pm

I was just discussing with my Husband what he thinks he'll want for Christmas dinner this year. He has this thing about having lots of different dishes from a different country each year. This year he wants traditional American - Meatloaf, Yams, Cornbread, Mash and butter gravy.

The gingerbread pancakes are made by adding ground ginger and cinnamon, and black treacle to a regular scotch pancake mix. I can email it to you guys if you want. The candy cane cocoa is regular hot chocolate with double cream, peppermint flavouring, whipped cream on top and a candy cane stuck in it. Sometimes I crush candy canes and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Post  Mhags Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:32 pm

redcat that sounds very yummy!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Having traditions from all around the world in different years sounds like a really good idea. Makes a change from the usual meal, I should think!

Wow, that sounds like a good recipe! I'll have to try it at some time... Like a test run before Christmas.. xD
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Yeah I just did a test this weekend and had them with maple syrup. I can never get the perfectly round. They always come out like pancake misfits.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Well, I guess they all go down the same hole in the end, whatever the shape. And as long as they taste good, that's the main thing.
    Gives you a good excuse to do more tests though Wink
    romynash
    romynash

Gemini Posts : 10

Post  romynash Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

I would like to eat chocolates on Christmas Day
    romynash
    romynash

Gemini Posts : 10

Post  romynash Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I loves Cakes too much. I would like to eat Gluten Free Cakes and Chocolates on Christmas day on Christmas day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 am