Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

3 posters

Will you be spending Christmas at home this year?

Poll

Will you be spending Christmas at home this year?

[ 2 ]
    Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_left67%Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_left0%Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_left33%Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Empty Will you be spending Christmas at home this year?

Post  Admin Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am

We'll be spending Christmas at home as usual this year.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Empty Re: Will you be spending Christmas at home this year?

Post  RedCat Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 am

Undecided. If we spend the entire day at home there's only two of us, which is nice but sometimes I want to be in a loud, noisy, festive household, so we may go to my Husband's parents. Sometimes when i'm there I always wish I was at home though.

I can never make my mind up!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Will you be spending Christmas at home this year? Empty Re: Will you be spending Christmas at home this year?

Post  Admin Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:13 am

At least you're either at home or with family though. It sounds like it'd be a nice Christmas either way, even if it can be annoying to be just the two of you or with everyone else. xD
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 am

Yeah I agree, we're lucky to have the option. Lots of people get stuck doing things they don't want on Christmas day so it's nice we can choose.
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Post  Mhags Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:58 am

can't imagine spending it anywhere else really!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:52 am

When I was a kid, Christmas day used to basically be:
    Get up, go downstairs, get mum and step dad a drink and breakfast
    Open 3 or 4 presents
    Get dressed into smart clothes
    Go to nan and grandpa's house
    Go to mum's friends' house
    Go back to nan and grandpa's house
    Go to the pub with mum, step dad, nan and grandpa
    Nan and grandpa go home after about an hour
    Step dad gets drunk
    We all walk home
    Step dad falls asleep on the sofa and we have to sit in silence until about 8pm when he'd wake up
    Eat dinner
    Go to bed.

So yeah lol It wasn't very interesting for me and I didnt really get Christmas. So I guess that's why i like it so much now.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 am

I love hearing about people's Christmas day schedules! Though I can understand why that would not have been very interesting as a child.

When I lived with my Mum our Christmas day routine would be to get up, open all of our gifts, watch a Christmas film and have a fried breakfast. The whole family would pile around my Nan's for a couple of hours to see each other. Then we'd come home, have dinner and relax.

I moved in with my Dad when I was 10 and his routine for me and my stepbro and sis were to get up, have breakfast, get washed and dressed, finally open our presents at around 11.30, have dinner and then put all of our presents away.

Now i'm older I just do what I want lol.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:01 am

It really was pretty boring for me as a child lol. I'd rather have actually opened my presents rather than having to wait until boxing day to be allowed to open them. I supposedly had to look at and appreciate them.

Your days with your mum sound more interesting than those with your dad but I guess it would've been nice either way. At least you could open your presents.

Lol I wish I could do what I want. My mum still tells me what I can and cant do at Christmas.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:21 am

Opening presents on Boxing day must be pretty hard. Will you have to do that this year too?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 am

It depends on whether my step bro will be here on Christmas day or not really. We all have to open presents together so he has to be here too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:57 am