Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
Which other family members do you buy for? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

5 posters

Which other family members do you buy for?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Which other family members do you buy for? Empty Which other family members do you buy for?

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:07 am

I only really buy for my aunts, uncles and cousins on my mum's side. I've never been close to my dad or his family so I actually only buy for my mum as well. (They've been divorced since I was 5).
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Which other family members do you buy for? Empty Re: Which other family members do you buy for?

Post  Mhags Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 am

I buy for my husband and 3 children. My Mum , My in laws. My 2 nieces but not nephews as feel they are too old. My friend at work. 2 SIL and 1 friend and their 2 kids and 1 other friend's kids. Apart from my lot the rest are all bought and wrapped (in January actually...sad but true!!)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Which other family members do you buy for? Empty Re: Which other family members do you buy for?

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:35 am

Well yeah, and friends of course lol. I think it's nice to get them all out of the way early, althoguh mine arent all bought and finished yet. I like to wait until the summer sales and then the christmas sales before saying im finished.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:47 am

Me and my younger brothers (12 and 14) always homemake a gift for each other and we said we would stop when we got older, but i'm 21 now and I still love to do it. The gifts get stupider every year. lol!

Me and my friends all agree not to buy for each other as it get's expensive. I buy for my Mum, Stepdad, 2 bros, Nan, 2 Aunts, Husband, my Dad, Stepmum, Stepbro, my Husband, his mum, dad, sister and 2 bros, his neice and bro in law. So 19 people. santa
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Post  mrsow Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:26 pm

I buy for my hubby, posh and becks, mum, dad, grandad, my friend and dog, my friend, hubby and 3 boys.

Then cash/vouchers for mil and 2 neices and mephews on hubbys side as its easier to post

Thankfully its not that much and I try to do them as cheap as possible
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 pm

RedCat - I used to make loads of homemade gifts but then I broke my hand last year and had to buy everything as it kinda hurt to make stuff (as i'm sure you can imagine!). Making things is fun though. Might have to do it again this year.
    19 people is a pretty reasonable number really. I ended up buying for about 45 last year xD Planning on getting that number down a little this year!!

mrsow - Cash/vouchers are a good idea as a present. The only problem I find with them is if either the post gets wet or if the voucher isnt something the person would use. My half sister keeps buying me vouchers for places like toys r us and I don't think she's really grasped the fact that I'm only about 10 years too old for those vouchers xD As long as they're appropriate vouchers, they're great though!
    mummy2mygirls
    mummy2mygirls

Sagittarius Posts : 3

Post  mummy2mygirls Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 am

I buy for, dh, dds, parents, grandparents, cousins and nephew. We only buy for the children in our family as it is quiet big so i dont buy for my uncle and auntes etc.
    I ony buy for my best friend, but this yr i might buy some of my other friends a little something or get there children something - not sure yet....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:31 am

Buying just for the kids sounds like a good idea as it can get very expensive otherwise. Well I guess it can anyway even if you do just buy for the kids. Buying for friends or their kids is thoughtful as well.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Post  mrsow Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:36 pm

I hate sending vouchers and we always sent woolworths vouchers as they had something for everyone but cant do that this year so if any1 has any good ideas let me know but it has to be postable thanks Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:42 am

I guess Argos have something for most people? Or maybe Amazon?
    If there's anyone that likes books, you could get/make them a bookmark and give them a book store voucher as that's postable.
    I'll keep thinking of more ideas.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:17 pm