Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

4 posters

Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc?

RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? Empty Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc?

Post  RedCat Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 pm

I had one year where I made all of the gifts I gave away and saved loads of money. Now I just make gifts to give before Christmas like gingerbread and jars of chutneys decorated with ribbon.

I make all of my own cards but am ordering them online this year. I'm still making my own gift tags though. Just wondering if anyone else is into the same thing?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? Empty Re: Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc?

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:46 am

Yeah, I've made all the gifts and cards and everything before. I usually get cards from charity places though because I think it's good to give to a charity you don't normally give to at Christmas.

I do usually make my own gift tags unless I get some free with something or something like that. I never make my own wrapping paper thoguh because I end up getting too annoyed with it lol.
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc? Empty Re: Do you ever make your own Gifts/ Cards/ etc?

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 am

Yeah I struggle with home made wrapping paper too. There's just so much of it to make. I usually just buy one plain colour and then decorate the paper with glitter once i've wrapped the gift.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:57 am

I did consider doing that but there's just so many gifts I'd have to do that for (I mean I have 10 half/step brothers and sisters plus their partners and kids) to buy for so it gets complicated.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Post  mrsow Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:21 am

I've made about 4 cards so far this year Shocked really need a kick up the bum. Last year I made jar of facts and jar of jokes for hubby as money was tight needed to pad out with homemade stuff, also did the name a star thingy.

This year I quite fancy doing the snowman soup and pots of gold
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:24 am

Snowman Soup?!! WOW, What's that?!

I think your OK, 4 cards isn't much, but as my friends keep reminding me "It's only July!" Lol
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Post  Mhags Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 am

snowman soup is when you have the gatherings of hot chocolate in a cellophane cone tied all nicely together. So you would have cocoa powder at the bottom of cone and then perhaps mini marshmallows and then chocolate drops. You might tie a candy cane to the package as well.

Hopefully someone can post a link to show you.

I make my cards for special people and the rest get shop bought(bought & written after january sales lol)
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:39 am

I've just googled it and it looks really cool. I'm definitely going to make some for people this year.

I'm splurging a bit on Christmas cards this year. I found a site which has loads of card bases and you can upload a photo onto the front and edit the text. Me and husband got married last Christmas so we're going to upload one of our wedding pics into the card (as they're very christmassy) and have it say "Seasons Greetings.... Fromt The Parkers."

Can't wait.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Post  mrsow Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Sorry didnt reply earlier bout snowman soup but glad u found out what it was, my darling hubby has man flu so the world stops lol

Loving the idea of your xmas cards they sound lovely
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah I can't wait to order them.

Sorry to hear about the man flu situation. It's such a hassle isn't it? My Husband demands chicken soup, jelly and icecream, endless cups of tea and 24hr care whenever he so much as sniffles!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 am

Hope he feels better soon mrsow. Then you'll have more free time again! Laughing

Those cards sound good, RedCat! Hope they turn out how you want them to!
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 am

I really hope so, want to order them now but Husband says too early haha
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:05 am

Haha, well I guess there may be a sale later on so you might be able to get them cheaper then so might not be such a bad thing? Although it spoils getting christmassy now!
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:37 am

Good point. I'm guessing the site I order them from will have a "buy 10 get 10 free" offer on, or something similar nearer Christmas so I guess i'll hold out until then.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:04 am

Might as well try and get the most you can for your money really.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am