Christmas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is a website where you can discuss all aspects of Christmas (as the name suggests!)

Latest topics

» Is there any food that you just have to eat on Christmas Day?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm by romynash

» How much do you set aside for parties?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What gifts have you already bought?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm by romynash

» Which of the following do you buy for?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm by romynash

» What are your favourite festive recipes?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm by romynash

» What is your budget for this Christmas
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm by romynash

» Gifts.com site
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm by romynash

» Where are you from?
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm by romynash

» Rules - Read Before Posting
Which type of tree do you use any why? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm by romynash

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Countdown

5 posters

Which type of tree do you use any why?

Poll

Which type of tree do you use?

[ 2 ]
    Which type of tree do you use any why? Bar_left100%Which type of tree do you use any why? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Which type of tree do you use any why? Bar_left0%Which type of tree do you use any why? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Which type of tree do you use any why? Empty Which type of tree do you use any why?

Post  Admin Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:35 am

We use a fake tree because it tends to create less mess. It tends to be better when you have children and/or animals around as well, in my opinion. What about you?
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Which type of tree do you use any why? Empty Re: Which type of tree do you use any why?

Post  RedCat Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Strangely enough, for a massive Christmas fan, I don't really have a big tree. I don't have alot of floor space but lots of surfaces so I tend to have about a dozen mini fake trees.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Libra Posts : 45

Which type of tree do you use any why? Empty Re: Which type of tree do you use any why?

Post  mrsow Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:08 pm

hiya

we have a fake tree thats fibre optic and i hate it, would much rather prefer a normal fake tree as i miss my lights and baubles and tinsel
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:20 pm

RedCat - I have one 2ft fake tree and then about 5 other little ones on desks and things. It makes the whole place seem more festive, I think.

Mrsow - What colour is your fibre optic tree? I always wanted a mini black fibre optic tree but I havent managed to buy one yet. They always seem to be out of stock. I should think having a normal tree as well would be better though. More things to decorate it with and make the place feel more festive.
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Post  mrsow Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 am

its boring green lol arent i moany anyhow I do love it when its switched on but they look so drab when they are off. I think I might buy a small fake tree this year to decorate as our living room is a lot bigger in the house we live in now. cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:15 am

Yeah, see I'd probably just leave it on all the time and let it blow a fuse or something xD.
    Buying another fake tree is probably a good idea though. Have you ordered the Studio catalgoue this year? (or recieved it for that matter as they do seem to just randomly send them sometimes xD) A normal 3ft tree in their catalogue is £7.49 at the minute. Not sure if thats any use to you but just thought I'd say Smile
    mrsow
    mrsow
    Elf
    Elf

Post  mrsow Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 am

oooh thanks for that, havent got mine yet but theres one on the coffee table at my mums will have a nosey tonight
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 am

Ok lol. It's on page 21 if that's any more use xD. Comes in 4 colours: black, green, white and frosted. I dont know why but I think the white ones are kinda creepy xD lol
    Mhags
    Polar Bear
    Polar Bear

Post  Mhags Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:16 am

we have a 6' tree which although is artificial is rather real looking. Bought it about 6 years ago in B & Q and although expensive at the time has been worth it. When we put it up last christmas my son helped me........I thought there were bits missingbut it was just he had seiriously stretched in height!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 am

Haha sounds quite funny!
    It's good that it's artificial but looks real though. Some artificial trees look like the most fake tree ever. i think if it looks real it feels more christmassy.
    moneyspinner

Pisces Posts : 6

Post  moneyspinner Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Artificial tree until now - threw away last month as was looking more blue than green after 15 years. Now treeless and not sure where to find a replacement, especially in July.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:59 am

The Autumn/Winter Argos catalgoue just came out today. They normally have trees if that's any use to you?
    moneyspinner

Post  moneyspinner Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:05 am

thanks i will take a look - I have decided to do an edible tree this year as well with only edible decs on it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:29 am

That sounds like a nice idea! What sort of things do you plan on putting on it?
    moneyspinner

Post  moneyspinner Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:38 am

well I haven't given it much thought but start with ikea heart shaped gingerbreads - they sell them all year round with the biscuits but especially handy at xmas as they have already got a hole in - I know yu could make them but Im lazy! I thread ribbons on them and ice peoples names on them to hang on trea, stained glass window biscuits which are made by a basic biscuit recipe with a boiled sweet in the middle, the sweet melts and looks like coloured glass after cooking, whilst soft you can make hole in biscuit, the usual boiled sweet umbrellas look pretty and are cheap, I get my hanging chocs from Lidl as they are so affordable - apple and strawberry flavoured liquirice strips and those sweets on a necklace all from pick and mix would look colourful too... running out of steam now -
    anyone got any ideas for the fairy??? it needs to be something really spectacular to finish off I think.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:48 am

Wow, that does sound good! I should think it'll look very festive! And colourful too. You should post a picture of it when you've got it up Smile. (Yeah, I know it might be a while before the tree goes up.. Laughing)
    Hmm.. I'll have to think about the fairy.. I guess Lindt or Thorntons may well do some sort of chocolate fairy? I'll see if I can find out as I know someone who works for Thorntons Laughing
    moneyspinner

Post  moneyspinner Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:57 am

thanks - I could make a gingerbread fairy but am hoping to find something better. hope to post pic in december b4 it all gets eaten although we don't have a disk for our caplio camera to upload pics so maybe should be thinking about sorting that out in plenty of time.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:21 am

He's not answering his phone so I'll try again later Laughing He's probably either at work or cant be bothered to answer Laughing.
    Yeah, it probably is a good idea to get it sorted before Christmas/December really. Then you can get more photos then Smile
    RedCat
    RedCat
    Robin
    Robin

Post  RedCat Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 am

THAT IS A FANTASTIC IDEA!

For the tree maybe you could buy a chocolate santa and make some wings. Not really that spectacular though hehe.
    moneyspinner

Post  moneyspinner Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:52 am

but its an idea - I am now thinking to just get a lollypop for her head and dress her up with candy floss! she would need to be eaten quickly though.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 am

He said something about a chocolate reindeer being available but he wasnt sure if it would go on top of a tree or something.. Lol.

I should think they must be available somewhere though. I'll keep looking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am